On January, 9, 2017, CMS finalized the first major revision to the Medicare Home Health Conditions of Participation (CoPs) in more than 20 years. The implementation date for these new CoPs is January 13, 2018 and the phase-in date for Performance Improvement Projects is July 13, 2018, with all other QAPI requirements effective January 13, 2018.
The revised ACHC Home Health Accreditation Standards, which incorporate the new CoPs, are now available to download on Customer Central. In accordance with the implementation date, ACHC will begin surveying against these new standards on January 13, 2018.
As always, agencies must adhere to the most stringent regulations. Requirements deleted from the CoPs may still be valid in your state, so check state licensure requirements, as applicable, prior to revising any current practice.
We know that with these revisions comes heightened anxiety and concern regarding the ability to demonstrate compliance. ACHC has developed tools and resources to help educate providers on the expectations for compliance with the new CoPs and ACHC Accreditation Standards:
- Free CoP webinar
- Home Health Accreditation and CoP Intensive workshop
- Accreditation Guide to Success workbook
- Home Health Items Needed for Survey
- Home Health 12 Month Compliance Checklist
- Home Health 24 Month Compliance Checklist
- Home Health Renewal Accreditation Compliance Resource
- CoP Q&A document
- New Home Health CoPs - Easy-to-Read Format